Monday, January 12, 2009

{Raspberry Fizz}

Ohhhh, doesn't that sound like a wonderfully refreshing drink? It's not---it's the newest color from PaperTrey Ink---and I LOVE it! I'm not normally a huge "hot pink" or "fuschia" fan (even though in the third grade I swore I would name my first child "Fuschia"---but that's another story!) but I really like this color! I'm sure it has to have something to do with the fact that I'm making a lot of Valentines right now and pink is one of my go to colors! Here's one of the cards I finished for someone for Valentine's Day---

This simple card started out with a dark chocolate card base. I added some Chocolate Remix patterned paper and made the scallop border using the Fiskars Threading Water punch. I stamped the letters "LOVE" from Love Songs in dark chocolate and raspberry fizz ink and matted it with more raspberry fizz cardstock. I tied some raspberry fizz saddle stitch ribbon and said "done". Simple and cute! That's how I have to do Valentine's Day cards because I make a lot of them. Thanks for looking today~
Kathleen

Choco-raspberry love:
Stamps: Love Songs (PTI)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz cardstock (PTI), Chocolate Remix patterned paper (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz (PTI)
Accessories: Saddle Stitch Raspberry Fizz Ribbon (PTI), Threading Water Punch (Fiskars)

4 comments:

Melissa Norris said...

Congratulations! This blog post was featured in the latest Carnival at http://www.craftcritique.com We would love it if you’d let YOUR blog readers know too… you know, share the love! Happy Valentine’s Day! Craft Critique loves you!

Lola, my alias said...

Ohhhh....it's so pretty!

stampsndeidre said...

I LOVE that color combo! Simply elegant!

Gloria said...

Simply Lovely!!