Thursday, January 15, 2009

{A Masculine Valentine}

Here's a quick Valentine I'm going to give my dad---He wouldn't want much pink on his, so I went with basic grey Archaic patterned paper and used non-traditional colors for this valentine.

I have had this paper pad for "masculine" cards, but I've never used it---I just never feel like my cards are truly "masculine" looking---even if the colors are considered "masculine"---SOOOO, I thought I'd try it again. I used the border stamp from the Love Songs set to make a border of hugs and kisses (xoxoxo). Again, another simple card-- easy to mass produce--if I wanted to do that!! But, I really only need to give two "men" cards this Valentines Day---to my husband and my daddy....that's probably a good thing, don't you think?

So, how's your day been?


Daddy Card Ingredients:
Stamps:
Heart Prints, Men of Life, Love Songs
Paper: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado cardstock (PTI), Archaic patterned paper (basic grey)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Accessories/Tools: Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon (PTI), Threading Water Punch (Fiskars), Dimensionals (SU!)

1 comment:

Mary Leeson said...

Love this masculine heart card...saw your other stuff on blog carnival. TFS!