Thursday, January 22, 2009

{Guess How Much I Love You}

Here's another Valentine---one of my favorites so far. I had thought to use this sentiment from a 'non-Valentine' set--Out on a Limb Sentiments from PaperTrey Ink, for a sweet Valentine card. I love using black and red and kraft together. When I saw Debbie Olson's card here, I had to make this card. I honestly had already thought to use the black and red on this quote, but when I saw Debbie's card it sealed the deal. She's one of my stamping idols----if I had such a thing, of course! This was quick to put together. I started out with a Kraft card 4.25 x 5.5". I embossed my black piece of paper and cut out a scalloped oval in red. I stamped the sentiment on Stamper's Select White paper in two different colors and embossed and cut it using an oval nestabilities die. I tied the ribbon on, added the oval and glued the buttons on with mini glue dots.

I love this quote from Sam McBratney in his much loved children's book Guess How Much I Love You.
"I love you to the moon...and back again...."

This was the perfect sentiment for this Valentine---so, I had to give it early!!! You know, we just shouldn't wait until Valentine's Day to remind people that we love them, so I'm giving this to my love today.

You know, if you gave a Valentine this week---it would probably be OK with the recipient---then you could give another one later....I can't imagine anyone complaining that they received too many Valentines!

Have a great one~


To the moon and back:
Stamps: Out on a Limb Sentiments (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Pure Poppy SS White (PTI), Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Palette Noir, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Provocraft), Pure Poppy, White Sheer Polka Dot (PTI), Oval & Scalloped Oval Nestabilities Dies (Spellbinders) Buttons (Foof-a-la) Red DMC thread, Dimensionals, mini glue dots (SU!)

No comments: