Saturday, May 10, 2008

{Happy Mother's Day}

Happy Mother's Day to all you mama's out there! Here's the card I made for her yesterday---I finally pulled out those nestabilities. WOW! What great tools. I didn't have a lot of time to get things done, so I made this very simple. I just noticed after I uploaded it that I forgot to put the sentiment on the front---that's how fast it was....maybe that's a little too fast! I'll put it on before I give it to her! I'm still having trouble with Photoshop, so I think I'll unload it and reload and see if that takes care of it---I had all of the extra "white space" taken out of this picture but then it wouldn't save, so I think I just need to reload it. (Hopefully that's all it is!)
We are going over to my parents house this afternoon and planting my mom's Mother's Day gifts. She has wanted some new plants so I decided that I'd just buy the plants and put them in the ground for her this weekend. Just a little about my mom---my Dad was a pastor---for 50 years, 34 of them at the same church in Austin, TX. (If you know anything about the pastorate, you know how unusual that is and how blessed I was to not have to move all over the country every year or two.) My mom was a fabulous wife and mom and a great example of a godly woman to me. I have told many people, I honestly don't remember her EVER raising her voice to me. I KNOW my precious children will not be able to say that. She supported me in what I did and she prayed for me---often. Not just daily---but often during the day. She still does and she's a prayer warrior for my children. I'm so glad I have happy memories of my childhood---I know not everyone does and the older I get, the more grateful for this I am. There's so much I could say, but I have little time. I love my MOM---everyday---not just on this weekend.

So, I call my Mom "mama"---what do you call your mom? I need to run---my own yard needs attention---I still have my fading pansies from October in my pots and beds and that just WON'T DO!! I hope your Mother's Day is a blessed one surrounded by friends and family that are most important to you~

Hugs~
Kathleen
Recipe:
Stamps: Doodle This
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Berry Bliss DP---all SU!
Ink: Stazon, Timber Brown, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, 5/8" ribbon-SU!, sponge, Blender pen

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

beautiful card..love those nesties! Happy Mother's Day!