Monday, May 19, 2008

{Caitlin's Birthday}

Well, we celebrated Caitlin's (my oldest) birthday yesterday. She's 19! How does this happen? Life goes by so fast. I know some of you with preschoolers are doubting the truth of that statement right now, but it is so true. It really has flown by. Her first year of college was the "fastest year yet"! She's leaving the country on Wednesday to go to Turkey for five weeks. Her birthday is actually Saturday, May 24, so we needed to find a time when we could celebrate together before she left. Here's the card I made for her. I meant to upload it yesterday because I used Taylor's Cupcake Challenge Sketch, but I just forgot last night. As I look at this card uploaded, I realize that it probably isn't my best shot of the card---but, it's past the contest time anyway and not many people stop by, so, if you are stopping by, I apologize for a blurry card!

For anyone who is interested, my younger daughter's soccer team did lose their first game in the State Tournament this year. It was sad, but almost a relief at the same time. They have so much going on right now, that it was one less thing to stress over! The team that beat them did go on to win the whole thing, so that makes it a little easier---until they realize that they had beaten them the week before in the Conference tournament final. Ah, well, such is life!

For the card, I used some crystal effects on the window and windshield of the truck to make it look at little more "glass-like". I love this set---I used my blender pen to color with SU! inks. I'm working on something else to upload, but I'm not quite finished. I hope to finish tomorrow.

We had field day at school today. I hope to post some pictures of that---what a fun day that was. I think Joshua will sleep well tonight (and so will I--I'm worn out!)

Hugs~
Kathleen

Recipe:
Stamps: Loads of Love
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Ballet Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Rose Red, More Mustard, Going Grey, Blush Blossom, So Saffron
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, So Saffron, Watercolor Paper (SU!), DP---I only had a little and I don't remember it---I'm so sorry!
Accessories: Nestabilities Squares, CB, So Saffron & Pumpkin Pie Ribbon, Crystal Effects

No comments: