Wednesday, April 16, 2008

{SC172}

Hey all~ (OK, hey one---the one or two people that I've told about this blog ;) )

Here's my version of today's Sketch Challenge on SCS---I wasn't crazy about it when I saw it, but I think it turned out OK! I have had this set since it first came out---years ago. When the accessories came out I HAD to have them, but I never used them. When I saw the challenge today I knew I needed a drawing to color, so I thought of this little truck. I do love this, but I so often use my most recently purchased stamps that I sometimes neglect the oldies.

I'm sorry the picture is not great---I'm still working on that. I cropped one of them and I thought it was this one, but apparently not!! I really enjoyed making this card---it took me too long, but I didn't work today, I had already cleaned the downstairs, so it was just fine if I took a long time to make this card~I had the day to myself! What an enjoyable day! I haven't gotten to my Cuttlebug yet, but I will soon! I can't wait to get some paper in there!

I used Berry Bliss paper for the background DP and also paper pieced the presents in the truck ---I love brown and pink together, so this paper is right up my alley. I still haven't broken down and gotten any Copics---I'm not much of a "colorer"---(I love how on a blog you can make up new words!) ANYWAY~I just can't see spending that much money for markers when I'm not any good. I know, I've heard that Copic markers make your coloring look good--even if it isn't, but for now, I'll have to make do without them!


I used the PTI Corners and Borders Monogram Edition set again---I use that set ALL THE TIME! I LOVE IT! The details are below---thanks so much for looking~

Have a blessed day~
Kathleen






Recipe:
Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories (SU!), PTI B&C Monogram Edition
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Watercolor Paper (all SU!), Berry Bliss DP
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, Chocolate Chip, Going Grey, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, More Mustard
Accessories: 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Photo Corner Punch, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Blender Pen, Linen thread

1 comment:

kris said...

Oh my word! I am so impressed!