Saturday, April 5, 2008

{Howdy}


Well, I'm still learning all of this! I added my last card to Beate's comment section and the link didn't work----I thought I had copied it just right, but obviously not!

I LOVE this cowboy! I originally "needed" him *wink* for a birthday party invitation for my son---which ended up being a Star Wars party........we used the cowboy anyway..........Harrison Ford is sort of like a cowboy in Star Wars, right?

Anyway, I love this little guy. I paper pieced him and I can't remember the names of the papers---SORRY, but it was various Basic Grey. I used the Papertrey Ink Borders and Corners Monogram Edition circles for the background. I had seen Nichole Heady do this on one of her projects and I LOVED it. I love her stamps. I'd own every one if I could. I started to call my blog "The Frugal Stamper" because I just can't afford to buy stuff every single week like I see some bloggers do----Don't get me wrong, I have more than enough stuff, but it seems in this craft there is always something new to buy!!! (and everything is a set---nestabilities, Copic Markers, etc!!)

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Cowboy Kid (SU!), PTI Borders and Corners Monogram Edition
Paper: Sahara Sand, Ruby Red, Whisper White, various Basic Grey
Ink: SU! White Craft, Timber Brown Stazon
Accessories: Chocolate Chip marker, Vintage Brads, Martha Stewart 9/16" Coffee Bean Twill tape
Techniques: Paper Piecing, Sponging


Thanks for looking!
Have a blessed day~
Kathleen

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

What an adorable card--i love that image and your created background!

Yep-seems there is always new toys in this market--sigh. Fun but expensive. Just gotta buy what u absolutely LOVE.