Wednesday, July 15, 2009

{It's All Green to Me Challenge}

There's a challenge on the Moxie Fab World Blog. It's the "It's All Green to Me Challenge" and you can participate until July 20th. I don't usually do this sort of challenge, but as soon as I saw it, I thought of a couple cards and decided to play....I LOVE summer---when my brain has the time/creativity to play!!

Anyway, this is the first card I came up with---I love this stamp set and it never sees any love---but I wanted to use a "Who's That Girl"---I actually saw one in my mind that was a shopper or a "lady at lunch" but this is the only one I had, so I went for it!! (These are a stamp line from My Favorite Things stamps---look here for their "Who's That Girl" sets---dahhhhhhrling!) I had looked on an "eco-friendly website" that had all sorts of t-shirts and other items and I saw this quote: Green is the new black and that's what started my little brain a-spinning!

I wanted to make sure the green was GREEEEEEEN---catch your eye green, so I used the green paper from my Basic Grey Lime Rickey paper---that is GREEEEEEN! This color is called "Fuzzy Navel"---you HAVE to love that! I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock and stamped the sky line image from the same set in Versamark ink. Then I stamped my girl with black ink and then again onto the green paper. I colored the girl with Copic markers and paper pieced her dress. I layered that on a piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock and turned it "wonky" on my card. I typed the words up in WORD using Bauhaus 93 font and printed them on more Lime Rickey. I punched the "eco-chic" using the SU! small oval punch and layered it with the large oval punch. Then I cut out the other sentiment and attached it "off" of the card. I added a piece of Old Olive ribbon and some crystal gems. This was a fun card---

You should go try that challenge out---you have until MONDAY night---more than enough time to make something! Thanks for looking today~Details are below!

Green challenge card~
Stamps: Going Places (MFT)
Paper: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream (PTI), Fuzzy Navel-Lime Rickey (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento-Tuxedo Black, VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories/Tools: Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, small & large oval punches (SU!), Crystal Gems (Mark Richards), Copic markers, WORD program, printer

1 comment:

Leah F said...

Green has ALWAYS been the new black for me:-) Cute card, and I love the REALLY GREEN green!