Saturday, July 4, 2009

{Happy Fourth of July}


HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

Joshua wanted to do some sparklers last night---so we went outside around 9:15. I told him to go get his shoes on and he came down in all this camouflage stuff---LOL! What is that about?


In my earlier parenting days I would have had a fit (I wasn't as enlightened as some of you) --- this was not what I had in mind for my 4th of July pictures! But now---in my "old age" (*wink*--sort of) I just went with it! I love his little quirks and his fun personality. I really had to crack up with the gloves! What a hoot!

We are going to some friends' house to celebrate today. I'm bringing hot dogs and buns for everyone and Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream----I'll take some pictures and share it with you all---it really is a great ice cream. The vanilla is amazing and you can just add whatever you like to it to make it "yours". My family likes butterfinger---this started YEARS ago when Dairy Queen first came out with the Butterfinger Blizzard! This was the first one, people! My mom found an ice cream recipe that tasted EVEN better---and we've made it ever since!

So, what are YOUR plans for this holiday? I hope you get to spend some time with family or friends. Whatever you are doing, be thankful you live here---even if you are frustrated with things at this point in our country's life, it's a GREAT place to live. I, for one, am SO GRATEFUL the Lord brought me into this world HERE. How blessed I am!! I could have been born ANYWHERE! See you tomorrow~

No comments: