Wednesday, July 8, 2009

{happy new baby}

A friend of mine had her first baby a couple weeks ago and I'm hoping to get over to see her in the next few days. I have a little gift to give her and I needed a card. For the first time ever, I actually woke up with this card in my mind---it was the strangest thing! Now, it actually looked different in my mind---different stamp set, colors, but it was this card! And, I like how it turned out---now, if I could just wake up with dinner made and my house clean in my mind and then everything happens that way, I'd like that, too.









I started with an A2 Kraft card. I scored it in 1/4" on all sides. Then I scored it again at 8 1/2 (that score line is hidden by the ribbon.) I then turned it and scored 1/2" diagonal lines going both ways stopping at the other score lines to form the diamonds. (just the bottom part of the card is scored this way from the 8 1/2 to the 10 3/4 score lines). This is SUPER, SUPER easy with the Scor-pal---it only took about a minute to score the whole card. Next I cut a piece of patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Lil' Man line and put it inside the score lines on the top of the card. I stamped the image from Bitty Baby Blessings onto that same paper as my focal image. Next, I stamped the image onto another piece of that paper and then onto a different patterned paper from the same line. I cut the elephant out and then cut the ear out of the plaid paper. I glued those onto the stamped image.

Next, I stamped the small elephant into the diamonds in colors that are in the papers. I tied some stitched ribbon around the whole card and added the sentiment with one of Tim Holtz's keepsake pins. I embossed and cut the tag out using Spellbinder's Tags trio (trimmed) and slid it through the safety pin. I have admired his pins on a lot of Debbie Olson's cards, (of course, I admire EVERYTHING on her cards, but that's another post!) but my LSS didn't have the plain ones. I went ahead a got a package of these Trinket pins, but I never used them. They say stuff at the top of the pin and I've never felt like the "saying" fit whatever card I wanted to use it on---this one is fine. This one says 'keepsake' & I think that works on a baby card. I still want to buy some of the others, so, I'll keep looking.

Thanks for stopping by today! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these Cosmo Cricket papers---I hope you do to! For you local girls, they had a bunch of their crafting kits on sale at Archiver's----maybe there are still some there! RUN!!!! Come back to see me---it's sad (for me!) how much it makes my day! :)


Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI)
Paper: Kraft (PTI), Lil' Man-Mischievious Max, Jumping Jack (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Ocean Tides, Pure Poppy (PTI), Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft), Tags Trio (Spellbinders) Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger), Trinket pin (Tim Holtz), Saddle stitch Pure Poppy ribbon (PTI)

No comments: