Friday, January 21, 2011

Finally, I have some crafty items to share today. I have so many things I've made, but no time to share everything---and until recently I didn't have a camera to take many pictures. I made these little treats for Hannah's TBB friends for Valentine's Day.....yes, I KNOW they are not kids, but Hannah has always given Valentine's and I thought they might like a little candy from the states! I filled them with candy that Hannah likes, so hopefully they will like it, too! (If not, maybe they will give it to her!!)

I used the Tiny Treats: Valentines from Papertrey Ink. I love this series of stamps. They are a set of little drawings that you can color (or not) and there's a little sentiment for each picture. Here are a few that I used:
the dog

the cupcake

the boat

the bunny

There are 16 litttle images in this set and 19 sentiments to go with them. This is a great set to use to make Valentine's with your kids---your children can color the images so they have a part in the process---so fun. I used Copic markers to color these images...I'm getting more comfortable using them, of course, these images are only an inch high!! Larger spaces still scare me!! I put the candy in glassine bags I bought for the wedding---there's a story here, but, suffice it to say, I have LOTS of glassine bags in this size, so I use them for EVERYTHING!!! I used the Mat Stack 1 die to cut Pure Poppy cardstock and then I stamped them in Versamark using a stamp from the Mat Stack 1 Collection stamp set or the Tiny Treats: Christmas set. Then I punched out the colored image and glued it down. These were really quick and simple to do. I'm making some for Joshua's classmates, too---and probably my choir students at school....like I said....LOTS of bags...

ANYWAY, I'm mailing a package to Hannah anyway, so I decided to add these little treats to the box. Here's the box all covered in Valentine goodies!!!

It's been so fun to have a little time to spend being crafty! Thanks for stopping by---I'm hoping to update the blog on several happenings! There's lots going on at the Nelson house these days! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: