Friday, July 16, 2010

{July 4th Thank You}


Well, I do know that July 4th is long past, but I wanted to share this quick gift I made for a sweet hostess. Our family went to a party to celebrate July 4th. I wanted to get a hostess gift for my dear friend who was throwing the party, but of course I waited until the last minute. I have a bunch of strawberry jam left from making it last summer, so I decided that could be packaged up pretty quickly.

I stamped a coffee bag with the flag and stars image from Vintage Picnic and Star Prints. I then made a quick tag using the same stamp and a sentiment from Signature Greetings and cut it using the Labels Four dies from Spellbinders. (speaking of Spellbinders---did you know they have a HUGE giveaway going on right now? Go to their blog and they'll tell you all about it.I've done this numerous times---it's my turn to win, I just feel it!) :) I used my Baker's Twine for the first time and I love the way it looked with the tag. 





Here's a close up of the tag-- and below is a picture of Joshua
on our way to the party---my camera died as soon as I got there, so this is the only picture of the day that I have. I made a great dessert that I saw on the Tasty Kitchen blog, but didn't get any pictures---oh well---if I make it again, I'll show you---

Well, we went to the beach last week and did some fun things---again, my camera wasn't working, but I took some pictures on Caitlin's camera, so I'll put some up when I get them from her. It was just a bad battery---I had just charged it---I don't understand, but it's working now, so no complaints.

Thanks so much for checking in today---I'm sorry I've been so sporadic lately....life is keeping me very busy! I'll explain in another post---sometime!

Hugs friends~

No comments: