Tuesday, July 20, 2010

{Birthday Journal}

I started making a journal (with a $1 composition notebook from Target) for myself and ended up finishing it for a friend's birthday. I knew I wanted to make her something and this just seemed to fit---NOW the challenge will be getting it to her and ON TIME! I had a friend tell me once that she had "postal-phobia" and I could totally relate. It is such a chore for me to get to the post office---I live really close and everything---I don't know what that is---well, perhaps it's postal phobia---who knows!

OK---back to the card and journal---I embossed the branches from Rustic Branches on Ripe Avocado cardstock with clear powder. I added some Green Tea Leaves paper in Aqua Mist and then added a scallop border in the same paper. I tied some jute around it and added a Ripe Avocado button.

I cut the tea cup out of Rustic Cream paper(using the new teacup die from Papertrey Ink) and stamped the cup and then the little "tea bag". I distressed the edges of the card and papers, and then I stamped the sentiment from Tea for Two Additions.










The journal was actually made first. I stamped the Ripe Avocado cardstock with Versamark using three different stamps. I stamped some Kraft cardstock that I had scalloped and then wrapped it around the binding, attaching it with Scor-tape. I used the Eyelet lace border in brown felt as an accent down the side of the binding, and also cut out the Mat Stack 1 as my background layer for the teapot and cup. I tied three buttons with Rustic Jute twine for some texture and interest. I used only half of the sentiment---My Cup Runneth Over by just making the rest of it while I inked it up.

Here's to hoping I get this to my friend on time---I will probably be more likely to do that if I run it by her house!


I hope you enjoy your day today---it's MISERABLY HOT here in Raleigh---I hope it's cooler where you are!

Birthday Journal (all supplies PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Rustic Branches, Tea for Two, Tea for Two Additions
Paper: Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Rustic Cream cardstock, Green Tea Leaves patterned paper
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark (Tsukineko)
Tools: Tea for Two dies, cuttlebug, Eyelet Lace  border die, Mat Stack 1 die, Embossing Scallop Border punch (Fiskars)
Accessories: Dark Chocolate Felt, Rustic Jute Twine, Vintage buttons in Aqua Mist,
Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado