Friday, July 16, 2010

{with appreciation}

So, instead of finishing my bathroom that I'm re-doing, I stamped today---I just wasn't feeling the spackling and paint today. I DO love Summer! I needed to make a gift for a friend and I had this extra can sitting around, so here's the result.....


The can started out as this Hot Chocolate can from Target. (I love this Archer Farms hot chocolate---it's all natural---no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives--just FYI!)


 I washed the can out and left the paper on it---I covered it in some Cosmo Cricket paper from the Early Bird line. I used one of the pre-printed "elements" for the "for you" tag.


I tied some Aqua Mist ribbon around and added some buttons and Baker's Twine in Pure Poppy.

I put some gift certificates to a favorite Pizza place here in town in the can and then filled it up with some
Lindt truffles.


For the card, I kept it quick and simple--I used more of the Cosmo paper and some Aqua mist cardstock on a Rustic Cream Card base. I used the Tin Types impression plate by Papertrey Ink for the Aqua Mist portion--can you see how the pattern matches the patterned paper? LOVE THAT! I inked up the sides with some Antique Linen Distress Ink. I used some grosgrain riboon in Pure Poppy and tied a bow and then added more buttons and twill. The tag is stamped in black ink using Mixed Messages and cut out with a nestability tag die and trimmed to fit---ala Debbie Olson!


The image is from Round and Round---the Limited Edition (free) set your can receive from PTI if you order 12 stamp sets in a year....I'll not tell you how many I got this year......I added some rhinestones to the dots between the leaves--because it made me happy! What do you have lying around in your pantry that you could re-purpose to make a gift for someone special in your life?


 Thanks for stopping by today~I hope you have a great weekend!
Kathleen

1 comment:

Leah F said...

I love so much about this post--the repurposed Archer Farms hot cocoa can (I love the different flavors it comes in!), the Lindt truffles and the color combination! Too fun! Definitely better than painting a bathroom.