Saturday, November 1, 2008

{For Nathan}

So sorry for the poor quality of this shot. I've taken it several different times in different light and this is the best I could do.

This is for my sweet nephew's birthday---I'm late, but I did get it done. This was such a quick card. I used the Unfrogettable set from SU! I was going to color it with my Prismacolor markers, but I ended up opting for my SU! markers and did it quickly. I'm just a slow stamper, so trying something that I don't do often takes me forever. I started out using my aquapainter, but I'm just awful with it, so I just colored (and not too well, either, so don't look too close!) I added the crowns at the last minute because it just seemed so plain. I used my Deco-Color Gold Extra Fine Paint pen to color the crowns---my son thought that was soooo cool. He wanted to do his homework with the pen, but I decided that his teacher might not appreciate it! To give a little something to this card I added the google eyes---everything is more fun with google eyes! I scalloped some paper from the Summer Picnic designer paper from SU! and called it done!

For the gift, I got a Target giftcard---he lives out of town and this is something I know he'll like.
Again, I used the Kristina Werner giftcard holder, which by now you have seen no less than 5 times, but for the amount of time I have, I just can't beat it. It's simple and versatile! I used more paper from Summer picnic and used my nestabilities dies to cut the oval and scalloped oval.
So, there it is, a quick post and a fast gift (we won't mention the late part again)---I already have enough guilt! ; }


Have a great day~

Unfrogettable Nathan:
Stamps: Unfrogettable (SU!)
Paper: Old Olive, Summer Picnic DP (SU!), Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Ink: Palette Noir, Old Olive (SU!)
Accessories: Google Eyes, Deco-Color Gold Extra Fine Paint pen, oval and scallop oval nestabilities dies (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provocraft) Old Olive marker (SU!), Mini glue dots, 3-D Glue dots (Zots), 20% Warm Grey Marker (Prismacolor)

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

Super cute! What boy wouldnt love this?!