Sunday, November 2, 2008

{Making Memories}

Here are a few pictures from the last week in the Nelson family. David came home from Africa on Monday after being gone for nearly two weeks. His requests were---Mexican food, an American Coca-cola and a hot shower. He had had a cold shower 6 days straight, so he would have been happy with a luke warm one! We went to On The Border when he got in. Caitlin and "the boy" met us there---I would tell you that I would elaborate in another post about "the boy", but she'd likely kill me, so just know that there is "a boy" (and I really like him!). We love it when the whole family gets together---this doesn't happen as often as we'd like. I remember when I had toddlers and older women would tell me "enjoy this time because it will go by so fast". I would think---"yeah, you don't know what I'm going through everyday!!!"--- my life was so hard!!! ; } But, it's so true--and I know it makes me appreciate all the little things in my children/family even more now that I've had one leave for college. Life flies by and we need to LOVE the moment we are in--even if it's filled with diapers and spilled cheerios---OK---enough of that!

Here are some pumpkin carving pictures! Until I learn to digiscrap or get back into scrapbooking, you'll have to indulge me while I "scrapbook" on my posts!!!
David making the initial cut to begin the process!

I love this part of pumpkin carving! I titled this picture "Ewww!"


Hannah and Joshua beginning the "cleaning out" process! Hannah had to babysit, so she missed most of this~


Joshua enjoying the slime!

David cutting Joshua's design. He decided he wanted to carve a happy face on the front of the pumpkin and a scary/sad face on the back. We thought that was a cool idea.


Joshua with the happy face


Joshua with the mean face---the nasty part was there intentionally--"he looks scarier that way."
The name of Joshua's jack-o-lantern

Cuburbita hypocrita or "two-faced pumpkin"
We took the teachable moment to explain what this Latin term means--that Classical education at work---and what that means in our lives as Christians


Carving a pumpkin with your dad~priceless!!

Here are a few pictures of Commander Cody/Joshua for Halloween. We had a low key night---ran out of candy too fast and just enjoyed the moment. I'm not sure how much longer he'll want to do this, so I want to capture every moment in my mind!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Awesome pumpkins! How clever of you to sneak in some Latin there! Alas, no kiddies at home, so I had to make do with some quick carving at our Girls Alive group at church. One daughter, carving a pumpkin--fun memories. Fifteen girls carving pumpkins after eating hot dogs & s'mores---nightmare!!! Oh well, they had fun!!
LeAnne