Friday, November 14, 2008

{A "Big" Birthday!}

I love birthdays!!! And I really love "BIG" birthdays---unless I'm having one!!! So, a friend of our's is having a "BIG" birthday, and I needed to make her a card. I used one of my favorite stamps---Leaning Tower of Stella from Stamping Bella---Emily draws the greatest characters! I LOVE this one---of course, it probably has something to do with the fact that I love cupcakes, but that's for another post!

I used Beate's sketch(WSC65) from last week. I hadn't gotten to it yet, but I really liked it. Here's the sketch: I turned it on it's side. I used the patterened paper as my inspiration---it's from the Basic Grey's Cupcake Pad. When I saw the swirls in the paper, I knew I had to use the swirl stamp in the Silent Night set by Papertrey. I love how this flourish took the embossing powder. I stamped it with a Versamark pad and then used clear embossing powder on it. The detail is so nice---I didn't know how it would actually come out, but I like it.

Anyway, I used Ripe Avocado for my background. I stamped Stella on PTI white cardstock and colored her in with my SU markers---and a little aquapainter here and there. I went a little crazy with the Dazzling Diamond's glitter! I just love that stuff---I don't use it very often, but when I do I always tell myself I should use it more. It's nice and fine and sticks well. I mounted Stella on Pure poppy cardstock. I added Crystal Effects on the cherry. I stamped and colored two more cupcakes and cut them out. I used one more for the accent on the card and one on the inside. I stamped Yummalicious on white cardstock and punched it out with the word window punch. I attached it to my card using an American Crafts brad.










I stamped the inside with one of my favorite sentiments from Stamping Bella. I made a matching bag but forgot to photograph it---I thought of it when she commented on it last night. It made me sad. Oh well, you can imagine it---

Well, I'm heading into my room to create something---I'm not sure what! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for looking~

Kathleen

Charlotte's Stella:
Stamps: Leaning Tower of Stella, Yummalicious, It's a Cupcake Thing (Stamping Bella), Silent Night (PTI)
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (PTI) Cupcake 6x6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Palette Noir, Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom (SU!)
Accessories: Brocade Blue, Real Red, Summer Sun, Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Word Window Punch, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Two Way Glue, Crystal Effects, Aquapainter (SU!), Cherry Medium Brad (American Crafts)

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Yummeee!!! What a great card!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the colors, the embossed flourishes, and the sparkle!