Saturday, October 25, 2008

{Gift for Coach}

Joshua has his last soccer game today. It's raining, but this is a make up from a rained out game earlier in the season, so I guess they decided rain or shine, it had to be played. SOOOOOO, we are headed to a game today in the nastiness---of course, if you are a seven year old boy, this is like heaven to you!!! Playing in the rain without your mom complaining about it---what a great day!

I'm the "team mom"--which in this league just consists of sending a weekly e-mail and buying the trophy and coach's gift for the last game. This is can do---being the team mom of these traveling teams and all the arrangements that go into that---not for me!

We got the coach a giftcard, so I just made a giftcard holder (Kristin Werner's again---I know, I've made a bunch, but they are SOOOOO quick and easy and that's what I love!) for him and a card that has room for everyone to sign. I also had this bag that I added some paper to and voila, a "gift ensemble". Doesn't that sound a lot nicer than it is!? :)

I made this card using the only "soccer" thing I have--this ball is from Stampin' Up!'s Good Sport. I'm pretty sure it's retired. I still use it for all things "sporty", so I can't get rid of it. I used some paper from my stash. I looked on the back and it said Bo Bunny Press, Romance Dots. I just needed the color scheme so I went with the paper. I used these colors because the team colors are black and red and white, so this paper made it easy. I also embossed some basic black with the spots & dots embossing folder for some texture. The layout was a spin on Jen delMuro's Sketch for You to Try from last week.

I stamped the ball on Basic Black paper with Craft White ink and then heat embossed it with some Ranger white embossing powder.

I made the tag with Nestabilities tag dies and used the sentiments from Rustic Branches. I tied some ribbon on there---is that too much for a man's card? Do you use ribbon on cards for men?

I added white paper with stamped soccer balls on the inside of the card. I don't usually decorate the inside, but I wanted to make sure we had enough space for everyone to sign it. Of course, I should have had this card at practice on Thursday, but that's not how I operate---sadly. But, it will get done either way!The gift card holder is very much like the card. The link I gave you above --(Kristina Werner's)
will take you to her blog which has a link to her template for these giftcard holders---these are honestly so fast and you could whip out a bunch of them quickly for Christmas gifts if you needed to.

Well, I'm positive this is WAY more information than you wanted to know! Thanks for peeking in today---I hope your Saturday is a great one.

I hope to be back tomorrow with my Papertrey Blog Hop project---if I can get it finished and photographed! I should be able to work on it tonight.

Hugs~
Kathleen

Gift Ensemble Stuff:
Stamps: Good Sport (SU!), Rustic Branches (PTI)
Paper: Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (PTI), Basic Black (SU!) Romance Dots (Bo Bunny Press), Pious-Scarlett's Letter (Basic Grey) (on bag)
Ink: Craft White (SU!) Palette Noir,
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spots & Dots Embossing Folder, Heat tool
(Provocraft), Nestabilities Tag die (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Vintage Brads (SU!), Pure Poppy grosgrain ribbon (PTI). White Embossing Powder (Ranger)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card!

whoistracy said...

What a great gift set! This is so thoughtful of you.

Scrapping Julie said...

wow. i love these. so nice.

Terri said...

Cool cards. Thanks for leaving a such a nice comment on my blog too.

Lisa H. said...

what a perfect gift! I love the red and black.

Unknown said...

What a great gift! I love the black, white and red with the soccer theme.

Marge said...

Great soccer coach card & great blog hop card for dots too!!! I always love red/black/white cards!
Thanks for visiting my hop entry & your sweet comment!!!

Deanna said...

what an awesome set! Love it!

Carolyn King said...

SUPER cute gift idea! Bet they loved this. Hope the game was bearable in the rain!