Wednesday, October 15, 2008

ETA: I posted my last post by accident, but it still shows up on Google Reader---if that's how you read it, I apologize---just ignore it and read this one. This one has pictures and has been read through----the other was a VERY rough draft!

I LOVED making my last holiday planner---you can see it here. So I decided that I needed to make a few more---I haven't had much stamping time the last few days, so I was thrilled when I was able to finish this tonight.

If I had been able to just sit down and make this planner without any interruptions, I could have finished it very quickly---but that's not how my life usually works! SO, I worked on it for 30 minutes at a time---a few times! The worst part for me is deciding colors/stamps, etc---I already knew what I was going to make, but I needed to make it look like "Mama"! I thought this angel stamp from Heavenly Heralds (retired SU!) would be perfect for her. I originally wanted to use gold, but I really liked this "Glee" from the Figgy Pudding line by Basic Grey, so I went with Silver. (Speaking of Basic Grey---have you seen the Wassail papers? They are beautiful online---I haven't seen them in the store, but I do think this would be considered a need---don't you think?)

I stamped the angel with silver Colorbox pigment ink and then embossed it with Silver powder. Then I cut it out using a plain square nestabilities die and layered it with a scalloped square. I stamped Holiday Planner---still not straight, but better this time. I used the Upper Formal set from My Sentiments Exactly. I stamped the verse from the same SU! set and embossed it the same as before.






I made these lists for mom and personalized them for her with the Simple Alphabet from Papertrey Ink. I really didn't think I needed that set, but everytime I turned around I saw someone using it, so I decided to try it---I like it. It took me a couple times to get the letters straight, but after awhile you get the hang of it.

Again, I got this idea from Michelle Wooderson's blog. She made a really cute one and has all the measurements and everything if you need them. Anyway, that's mama's planner. I'm going to do at least one more for a friend, so I'll show you that one someday when I'm done!

Thanks for checking in! Hugs~
Kathleen

Angel Planner Stuff:
Stamps: Heavenly Heralds, (SU!), Formal Upper (My Sentiments Exactly), Rustic Branches ("for"), Simple Alphabet (PTI),
Paper: Bravo Burgandy (SU!), Vintage Cream (PTI), Patterned Paper-Figgy Pudding, Basic Grey,
Ink: Bravo Burgandy. Colorbox Silver Pigment Ink,
Accessories: Heat Embossing Tool, Embossing Powder, Silver Sheer Metallic Ribbon (PTI), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provocraft), 3-D glue dots (Zots), cropadile