Sunday, February 7, 2010

{Bundle of Joy}

Caitlin needed a baby card for a shower today and I didn't really have one that worked. SOOOO, I got to stamp! But I'll tell you, after it's been so long, it just takes me forever to get anything accomplished. BUT, I hung in there and finished a card. I got to use the Papertrey stamp set, baby button bits! I love it---I tell you, I love every image in this set. I hope to have some more time to use it after I finish my valentines.

I started with Spring Moss cardstock and used a piece of polka dot patterned paper from Pretty Pastels. This paper is so great---I will love it in the Spring when it's time for Easter images---it has a little bit of distressing on it and it's just yummy! I added two pieces of paper from Bitty Baby Dots paper that I punched with the threading water punch. I added a piece of Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon and a vintage button to the top of the patterned paper.

The images were colored with Copic markers---yea for me for trying! I've decided to quit comparing my coloring to Debbie Olson---"Copic Goddess---General Stamping Goddess" in my humble opinion--- and just be happy I am coloring! I won't ever color as beautifully as she does, so I'm giving it up. It's more fun for me this way~I used the Papertrey trios for Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise and Spring Moss--I actually didn't use all of the colors, but these were my starting points. I added glitter with some two way glue and then added Berry Sorbet buttons to each of the images. These images are so, so sweet---just like a little baby!

Thanks for stopping by---if you have questions about this card, let me know and I'll try to help you! I hope you have a great day--we are headed to my parents for the beginning of the Super Bowl---we can't stay for the whole thing because Joshua needs to get to bed, but my parents love this night, so we are going to celebrate with them!

No comments: