Friday, January 1, 2010

{COOOOOOOOOL Blog Candy}


I won the greatest blog candy in early December. I was just not able to get a picture to you until now---I won this amazing cookbook by Ree Drummond aka Pioneer Woman (PW)! Now, I didn't win it from PW, I won it from Dawn at Spontaneous Clapping! I started reading her blog after she left a comment on mine once and I've been hooked ever since. Dawn aka Dandy went to see Pioneer Woman at a book signing and got an extra book signed to give to one of her readers---aka ME!!! :) (OK, I promise not to use "aka" again in this post.) I actually found out that I won it in this post! You can't know how excited I was----it's sad actually, but I won't go there---just know that I was SUPER excited to win this cookbook. If Ree had been anywhere near Raleigh, NC I would have been there with my camera. All sorts of my" blogging friends" got to see her at her various stops on her book tour and I was moaning about not having a book signing on the east coast. The next thing I know, Spontaneous Clapping is having some candy and I WON! HOW COOL IS THAT? Dawn got married on December 5th, so I didn't get the book until the week before Christmas. What a wonderful surprise to find it in my mailbox! It was like Christmas two days early! So many good looking recipes in this book- I can't wait to try a few. So, this was one of the thrills in my house in December---OK, thrilling for me. Everyone else just looked at me as I laughed with glee when I pulled it out of the envelope---but again, I'm not going there! I hope you have a great day---or night!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh, lucky you!! I was fortunate enough to be at one of her book signings.....I wish you could have been able to go....maybe next time. Having the book is the next best thing--let us know what you make! I haven't made anything yet, but I have my eye on her brownies! :D

Unknown said...

You go girl! I really like her blog and enjoy reading it occasionally.