Saturday, October 31, 2009

{BOO!}

Hello all---yes, here I am again after 3 weeks of abscence---I just can't believe it's been that long! Obviously at this time in my life, this is taking a back seat. I've had a lot going on---and much of it is blog worthy---but there has not a lot of time to actually sit down and blog, so, it has not happened. I made these little surprises for some of my co-workers---just the ones in my building because I just didn't have time to do them for the whole Lower School. I was inspired---and sort of CASED (copied and stole everything) this idea from Betsy Veldman's PTI group post in August "Tags Two Ways". I don't usually do a lot of Halloween stuff, but I just loved these tags and I really like to give little gifts throughout the year. I used this pillow box template that I found online here. It was the size I wanted to use and after looking at several sites that wanted me to pay for one--this one was free, so I used it!!! I didn't follow her directions, but I used the template. She has a template there for the small and large one--this is the large one.

I'll put the details of papers and ink down below. After I had cut out all the pillow boxes, I trimmed the patterned paper 3.5 x 8". I stamped them with Fancy Flourishes using Memento Tuxedo Black ink to look like the lacy felt (WRMK) that Betsy had used. Then I used the Apron Lace edger punch to make the edge. The tag was stamped on Rustic Cream cardstock and then I antiqued the edges with Antique Linen distress ink. I punched the tags with a 1 3/4" circle punch and then cut out a scallop circle using my Marvy scalloped circle punch and antiqued that as well. I tied a bow around each box then I sewed various Vintage buttons on with rustic twine and tied that around the bow. I filled them (before tying the bow) with different Bliss candies---it's a chocolate candy that I can resist---can you believe it? I decided it was best to do it with something I didn't like---but everyone else seems to!

I have some very exciting news to share with you tomorrow---I just don't have time to do the post now with my son beside himself to be a "SWAT guy" for Halloween tonight---I'll post pictures of that next week, I hope....that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! ;) I hope you'll come back to find out!!


BOO! Pillow Boxes:
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, 2009 Halloween Tags (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, 2008 Bitty Box, Bitty Star and Bitty Dot Basics (some of all three), Rustic Cream cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Plum Pudding, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger), Tuxedo Black memento (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Apron Lace punch (Fiskars), Scallop Circle Punch (Marvy-blue), ribbon & vintage buttons in Ripe Avocado, Plum Pudding, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest

No comments: