Monday, March 2, 2009

{Sketch Card}

Jen Del Muro does a sketch every Saturday and encourages us to play along. It's been a long time since I have been able to play, but I decided to play along this weekend.

Here's what I came up with. I stamped that little branch I was telling you about from Beyond Basic Borders in Spring Moss on White cardstock. I used some Taylor's Tiny Twinkles from Taylored Expressions. I thought they looked cute with the polka dots. I wanted to use some actual punched out polka dots, but I wasn't crazy about it when I put them on there, so I used these instead---and who doesn't love a little bling, right? The details are below---I have hurt my back, so all that stamp time I was going to have probably just won't happen---I can't sit for very long. I'm so mad---but I'll just have to get over it! I went to the doctor today and I just hope the medicine she gave me works it out!

This is what we woke up to this morning---I actually took it in the afternoon, so it had already begun to melt, but this is what it looked like out my back door. The snow was really wet, so it stuck to all the trees---it was so pretty---and it meant a snow day for us...which is great today, but won't be so great on the day I have to make it up!!! Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a great week~


Sketch for You to Try Birthday:
Stamps: Beyond Basics Borders, Mixed Messages
Paper: Spring Moss, Plum Pudding, Stamper's Select White, 2008 Bitty Dot Paper, Polka Dot Parade (PTI)
Ink: Spring Moss, Plum Pudding
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug, Tag die (Provocraft), Plum Pudding Satin Ribbon, Vintage Button New Leaf (PTI), Linen Thread (SU!), Threading Water Punch (Fiskars), Taylor's Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions

2 comments:

Leah F said...

I love the bling! The tree is pretty and simple--I like it a lot! I hope your back is feeling better soon, and at least well enough to give you the ability to stamp more:-)

Anonymous said...

very cute card! those winter pics just make me cold looking at them!! thanks for playing! hugs-jd