Monday, March 16, 2009

{Where have you been?}

Well, I've been here....just not stamping too much....horrors! Right after David left for Africa, I injured my back and I haven't really been comfortable stamping! Yesterday I did some stuff, but not much. I am feeling a little better everyday, so I'm sure I'll be back to regular posts soon. I did have a fun experience this week. My son had a friend over and they were having a snack after school. They were sitting at the kitchen table and looked out into our creek and saw these two ducks. Now, we have seen lots of creatures in our creek, but never ducks. I was so excited, so I went out on the deck---careful not to let the Black Lab out there, and began snapping picture after picture of these fun creatures God made. (Obviously it's time to clean up our creek....something we have to do every spring, but it's still a little cool for me to stick my feet in that water ....back to the story) So, I went back inside and talked to the boys about how cool it is that we have these ducks in the creek...I was so excited! Joshua asked if he could go out there to look at them up close. So, he crossed the creek and got really close---and then began throwing rocks in the water near them to see what they will do----yep, that little bundle of depravity wanted to scare the ducks away! I called him in to finish homework and give him a little "talkin' to"---as southern mama's do so well. The boys finished their homework and snack time and they began to play. I went upstairs for awhile and he and his friend went outside to have a little more fun with the ducks---when I wasn't looking or scolding. The ducks moved on down the creek and the boys turned their attention to something Star Wars and all was well. I had wanted the rest of my family to see the ducks, but my little boys had scared them off.

I was so pleased to find the ducks back again when David came home from work. He was grilling our dinner and there they were in a different part of the creek---they had moved to a place with more shelter---but they were back. They were persistent little ducks and I was so glad they came back to visit. This time, they came to a place of shelter---tucked up under some tree roots. I began to think how wonderful it is that we all have a place of shelter...our Heavenly Father is our shelter in the midst of the raging storm---or in the case of the ducks...in a storm of rocks. :) I hope you feel God's ever present shelter in your life today, whether your creek is calm or you are in the midst of a great rock storm---He is our ever faithful God.

Psalm 27:1-5

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? When evil doers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. One thing I have asked of the Lord, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.
For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent. He will lift me high upon a rock....

Blessings~
Kathleen

No comments: