Saturday, February 28, 2009

{CPS 104}


I finally got to do another CPS (Card Positioning Systems) Sketch--- I have done a bunch in the past, but haven't gotten to them lately. I'm so glad to have a chance to play today. I can always use some help with the layout of a card, so this is a great way for me to begin. I thought this new set from PTI was perfect for this layout. It's called Beyond Basics Borders and it's so versatile. I'm glad to have this "branch" and there's a little tree looking branch in the set, too. You can see it here.

I started with some Dark Chocolate cardstock and added the patterned paper from the 2008 Bitty Dot Basics line. I stamped the two patterns on Stamper's Select White in New Leaf and then added a mat of the same color cardstock. I roughed up the edges with an old pair of scissors---I think this does just as good a job of distressing my paper and I didn't have to buy another tool. I added the hello sentiment from the same set. At the last minute I added the buttons because it looked a little plain. I love these new buttons---well, I love any buttons! This was a pretty quick card---and I can always use a "hello" card---

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by today. David is in Africa right now, so I'll likely be up late stamping quite a bit---I don't sleep as well when he's gone. Hopefully it will turn into a extra blog post, or two! Happy Saturday~



CPS 104 Hello:
Stamps: Beyond Basics Borders
Paper: Dark Chocolate, New Leaf, Stampers Select White, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics in Dark Chocolate
Ink: New Leaf, Dark Chocolate
Accessories: Vintage Buttons in New Leaf, DMC floss
All PTI except for floss.

1 comment:

Linda Beeson said...

WOW, I'm glad you played with that CPS sketch! I so love the colors you picked and I so love that vine and the button accents make this totally adorable!