Tuesday, November 24, 2009

{More Tags}

Here are a couple of the first tags I made with Holiday Button Bits~I have several things to show you this week if I can just get some good lighting---it's been really overcast and my house isn't the best for natural light on the brightest of days! This will be short because Joshua and I are headed to have a fun day at the Life and Science Museum in Durham in awhile---it will be a great time together---we are out of school this whole week! YIPPEE!

I used the holly image for these tags (obviously!)--that is one of the reasons I bought this set--I just loved this image. I stamped the leaves on Ripe Avocado cardstock with the same ink and then cut them out. I also stamped the image on the tag---on the one above, I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder---I love the polka dots! I put the leaves on with some SU! dimensionals. I like that these aren't too high---that's why I use them so much. The buttons on these tags are Scarlet Jewel. I ran out of small Pure Poppy ones when I made my Christmas cards, so I need to order another bag. I still have some big ones, but they are TOO big for this project---yes, I'm rambling---THUS the blog name!

I haven't added the ribbon on these because I like to know exactly where I'm going to attach them first---sometimes I'll use actual ribbon, sometimes I'll use twine--so, that's why you are just seeing the tags here!


On this one, I used the threading water punch to create the border along the bottom of the tag---this tag was simple, simple to create and could easily be mass produced--trust me, I know about mass production---I'll show you some of that later in the season!

On the wedding front---we found Caitlin's dress last Saturday---it's SO beautiful and looks amazing on her---that's just the way it should be, right? I have hired a wedding consultant to help keep me together! I hope to be finished with the initial planning by the end of the year---if you have any great ideas for wedding favors, let me know! I'd love to make something classy! I have done some of my Christmas shopping, so I feel better about December--I'm almost finished for Joshua and Caitlin---I still have much to do, but I hope to knock it out this week! Enjoy your week---I hope you are with family or dear friends--


Holiday Button Bits Tags: (all supplies PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Holiday Button Bits
Paper: Kraft, Rustic Cream, Ripe Avocado
Ink: Ripe Avocado
Accessories: Scarlet Jewel Vintage buttons, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dot Embossing Folder (Provocraft), Dimensionals foam tape (SU!), Mini Glue dots, threading water punch (Fiskars)

1 comment:

golonghorns said...

Very nice tags, love the colors. Congrats on winning Dandy's PW cookbook giveaway!