Tuesday, November 17, 2009

{Gift Tags}

Last year I made most of my gift tags for my Christmas gifts and I LOVED it---I have always loved making packages pretty, but it's much more fun when I get to MAKE something to go on them with my "schtuff"---:) Schtuff, did I just type "schtuff"? YES, it's 4:30 in the morning so I may be a bit punchy~after waking up at 3:55 and laying there for 35 minutes, I realized that I WASN'T going to be able to go back to sleep, s0 I got up to talk to "you people"---those who exist only in my mind!!!

ANYWAY--back to the tags---I made these pretty large---I'll have to make some smaller, too, but I enjoyed making these first--I started with some Aqua Mist paper---ever since I got Papertrey's new Pigment ink stamp pad in Aqua Mist, I use this color all the time!

It coordinates perfectly with the Christmas paper Rustic Snowflakes. Anyway, I used that paper and the 2008 Holiday Tags' snowflake. I went simple on these tags, so I didn't bling up the snowflake---even though I thought of all sorts of ways to do that---stickles, rhinestones, embossing---just stamp and go this time.


I tied some twill with a button and stamped the "TO-FROM" from the same tag set. I will tie some more twill or twine when I attach it to the package, I'm just not sure how I want to use it, so I haven't put that on yet---
The other sentiment is from Holiday Button Bits. That set is proving to be so fun---I'm really enjoying it---more on that later---well, I had better do something more productive---like laundry! I hope you enjoy your day---and I hope you are still asleep!


Simple Christmas Tags: (all supplies PTI, unless noted)
Stamps: 2008 Holiday Tags, Holiday Button Bits
Paper: Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, White cardstock, Rustic Snowflakes patterned paper
Ink: Pure Poppy, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: 1" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch (eksuccess), Aqua Mist twill, Vintage buttons in Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy, Rustic Twine

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

VERY cute.....if I lived in a perfect world, I would own ALL the PTI stuff--stamps, paper, ribbons, buttons, twill...everything, and just play ALL DAY! This color combo is so pretty, I love this paper and that snowflake is amazing! TFS!