Thursday, November 22, 2012

{Thirty Days of Thanks~2012; Day 22}

Day 22 | Thanksgiving Day

This Thanksgiving was destined to be different, but I had no idea when I woke up this morning how different it would be. Caitlin and Carson were going to be with Carson's family in Rocky Mount, so it was just going to be Josh and Hannah with me at home. So, we accepted an invitation to the Guys' home and planned to join them today. I baked pies yesterday in preparation for the big day.

Little did I know that Joshua would wake up with a stomach virus. This meant Joshua and I would be staying home. I realized as Hannah drove away to celebrate in Rocky Mount with our new extended family, that I have NEVER missed Thanksgiving! We've always been at family's home or our own, so if someone is sick, you just put them in a bedroom and check on them, but you still GO and enjoy the family time.

It was a quiet, reflective day---not a bad way to celebrate Thanksgiving---I really had some time to thank the Lord for our beautiful life---it's not perfect, but it IS beautiful. We are so blessed to be able to share our lives with sweet family and good friends. I am not feeling great myself, so this has taken me MUCH longer than it should have. I will close now---but just know that I count  you among those many blessings in my life. Thank you for loving me and my family and walking through life with us.

No comments: