Thursday, November 15, 2012

{Thirty Days of Thanks~2012; Day 15}

Day 15 | Warmth

Today I'm so grateful for my warm home. For my gloves for the drive home. For my umbrella and good shoes. Things I take for granted everyday.

Joshua and a friend play football most days after school while I and the friend's mom finish up our work at school. Today they went outside in that cold rain and played football for an hour and 15 minutes. Then, they came in to warm up and went out again for about 20 minutes more. I began to think that they could go out and get so cold (which I thought was crazy---but I'm not the mom who says, "it's too cold to play outside") because they had a warm place to come to when they got too miserable!

As I walked into my house after work---the programmed thermostat had done its job and my house was toasty warm. I had to pause and say thank you to a gracious God who is the giver of all gifts. Joshua was able to go upstairs and take a long, hot shower. I was able to prepare a hot meal for us and we were comfortable in spite of the wet, cold conditions right outside our windows.

I don't want to take these gifts for granted---praying I'll remember to be thankful throughout this cold winter.

No comments: