Tuesday, November 2, 2010

{30 Days of Thanks~Day 2}

Today I am thankful for my job---I work at a smallish Classical Christian School here in Raleigh, Trinity Academy of Raleigh. I've posted about numerous activities there, about my children's acheivements there, but I'm not sure I've posted about my job there. I teach music in the Lower School---besides my natural desire to be a wife and mom, this is what God created me to do---seriously, I'm quite happy doing it. Now, anyone who really knows me woudln't be surprised to hear me say I'd rather be a full time wife and mom, but this job blesses my family by giving me some income to help us pay for our children (now only ONE) to attend there.

So, why am I thankful for my job?
  • I love the people I work with. The Lower School at Trinity is separated into two buildings---my classroom is in Building B. I love the teachers on my Hall---we laugh, and cry, and pray, and rant with each other on a daily basis. I am so blessed to have godly women to work with who encourage me to do the right thing everyday---
  • I love the students! Seriously---I have taught for a long time, in several different environments and these are the best children ever. Of course, they aren't perfect---there's plenty of frustration....but I love them and I laugh with them. We have FUN learning and that's what it's about.
  • I love the families of these children. Again, I've seen a lot of "parents" in my teaching time and the Trinity Community is a unique place. They are such supporters of their children and all that I do with them. You won't find better parents~
  • My job is part-time---:) This is one of the BIG reasons I love it! Honestly, I don't think I could do this full time---I'd fall apart! There's just so much to do and if I worked full time I'd have no time to do any of it! This year, I have a great schedule---working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday---very sweet!
  • I love the community at Trintiy---the entire community is a special place. I wish I could describe it to people---there's something unique and precious about the Trinity community and this makes my job even more enjoyable. 
  • I love our Head of School---Robert Littlejohn. He's a great visionary---he loves this institution and what it stands for. I trust him. He's been good for us and I hope he will stay with us for a very long time.
Oh, I could go on---but I DO have thirty days to be thankful, right? I don't have to be grateful for EVERYTHING today! Are you looking for a place in Raleigh to put your child in school? My own children have been at Trinity since 1998 (yes, I'm that old!) and I can truly say, it's a great place. I'd be happy to talk to you about it if you'd like! (and no---no one asked me to do this---you're too cynical)

So, do you like your job? What are you thankful for today?

No comments: